Pages

09 October 2012

Vintage Amy at Bristol Fashion Week AW12



Here are a few of my favourite things about Bristol Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2012.

John Lewis Advert: As I sat down with my glass of bucks fizz and chocolate chip muffin, I got the chance to admire the cute girl’s outfits whilst listening to Paloma Faiths beautiful song. Definitely an enjoyable moment whilst waiting for the fashion show to start. Make sure you check out John Lewis’s new advert, a favourite in our household.
Waiting for all the bloggers to arrive!
 Autumn Florals: I adore floral prints (as you already know) so I was excited to discover that florals are to continue in an autumn colour palette.  I certainly will be hunting down a cute dress or blouse in this seasons floral pattern.

Florals by John Lewis
Return of the Peplum Trend: The popular peplum trend is making an appearance this season. The feminine flattering shape that highlights the waist and skims over the hips is perfect for your party dress or blouse and skirt combo. 

Ladylike Chic: Knee length pencil skirts with cropped tailored blazers create a ladylike, feminine silhouette. The classic suits come in textured fabrics with silver thread lines to inject a contemporary feel. Teamed with a delicate lace blouse this seasons ladylike chic trend is complete. Luckily, I already have my Chanel-esque blazer hung neatly in my wardrobe.

Ladylike Trouser Suit by M&S
Hair Advice: The part of the show where Andrew Barton shares his expert hair advice. I was pleased to discover that either; a short blunt fringe, a beautiful bun or hair full of body bounce are perfect hair styles to compliment this seasons look. Seeing as I already love fringes and high buns then I will be investing in some heated rollers.

Heritage Trend: I am a huge Downton Abbey fan so the interpretation of the heritage trend was one of my favourite scenes. The autumn leaves, wool dresses and fur collars in shades of brown and maroon created a warm, cosy feel. Knitwear in autumnal colours is one of the reasons why I enjoy this season.  

Heritage Trend by M&S

 Style Advice: Working at the Personal Style Pod for The Image Consulting Company was certainly a highlight for me. I got the chance to share my style advice on body shape, trends and colour, which was rewarding and great fun!   

Goody Bag: I always like to collect my Bristol Fashion Week goody bag! After a good rummage through all of the treats inside I always find a purpose for the tote bag. I usually use the canvas bag to carry my knitting, lug home my shopping or for storage. I love the purple floral writing this time! Bang on trend!!!

Fashion Show Venue
So, no matter what your style is I am sure Bristol Fashion Week will be able to offer great advice to enhance your style. Whether this is new fashion trends, hair advice or just a family day out you are bound to have fun! I certainly did!

Fabulous Images by Bristol Fashion Week at The Mall Cribbs Causeway.

Spot this seasons trends,

Vintage Amy xx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment