Pages

22 July 2013

Only 5 weeks remaining...


Are you following SouthGate's Social Stylist
Earlier this year, fashionista's and shoppers of SouthGate Bath were asked to enter a competition explaining why they've got style giving them the opportunity to tell everyone about it winning a fantastic prize too!

5 winners had a style challenge with a good budget, they were caught on camera and have taken over the social content for SouthGate. With only 5 weeks left, there are 2 more winners to reveal. Currently Jessica Robinson is on her 2nd week of the take-over and she tells us how she felt about her prize...

It was a total honour to have won SouthGate's Social Stylist competition and to be recognised as a stylish individual. On arrival I was given two themes to hop for within my budget, Spring Summer and Summer Festival. The Festival theme was perfect as I was lucky enough to get a ticket for Glastonbury Festival. Having yet not brought anything, this was a great opportunity to buy some key pieces. 
Firstly, we went to TopShop where the shop was filled with summer attire. I have never been able to buy whatever I wanted from TopShop so the first few minutes I just let everything sink in! A floral midi skirt caught my eye first with its subtle colours and vintage pattern. I like to clash prints so I picked a striped crop top to wear with it for my summer outfit. I tried on a great selection of clothes that both Emmeline and I chose separately, it was really difficult to decide my favourite pieces to make my outfits. Too much choice! 

TopShop always have a great selection of shoes and  for summer I chose a pair of tan wedges - I like to keep things minimalistic and felt the classic wedge would be perfect for a variety of outfits. I also chose a simple TopShop Boutique navy silk dress as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. It gave me the feel of 'Kate Moss' I had this style in mind for my festival outfit and didn't stop there….I picked up a gold necklace with a turquoise stone. My birthstone is turquoise so I'm always drawn to anything with it in. The necklace is perfect for everyday and since buying it I haven't taken it off. 

Finally we visited Urban Outfitters another of my favourite stores, I still had money left in my budget so I was able to buy a few extras. I was in desperate need of some sunglasses and urban outfitters selection didn't disappoint. I decided a circular frame and turtle shell pattern style would work with my festival outfit. Hair products are pretty limited at any festival so I was on the look out for a hat. I found a great floppy weaved hat, perfect for covering any bad hair day! Finally, being a huge lover of anything nautical I picked out a long sleeved striped top perfect with shorts, jeans or a skirt; a classic tee I could layer with. 

I had such a great day and the entire team were so kind. It's definitely an experience I won't forget. I hope you enjoy reading my posts and you're inspired by what you read. 
Until then,  
Jess x






No comments:

Post a Comment