- Firstly choose the correct size bag/suitcase to use. A small bag might seem like a good idea but if it doesn't fit everything in you will begin to feel stressed.
- Work out how many outfits you will need for the amount of days away. Don't forget to consider if you need evening attire also.
- Check the weather too (especially if your vacation is in England). This may add or eliminate a few items.
- Start by packing easy items such as underwear, pj's and toiletries (suncream) as this will make you feel as though you have already begun the packing process and you are ready to consider your outfit options.
- Remember to put together outfits with pieces that with various looks such as a jumper that can be worn with a pair of jeans and over a dress.
- Don't over pack as you will loose sight of the outfits you have. Of course, take a few extra "just in case" pieces incase your spill your drink or get rained on etc.
- Pack accessories that work with the majority of your outfits as this will add interest and dress up a look for the evening. For example scarves and necklaces are perfect for dressing up an outfit! A sun hat is a stylish yet practical necessity. Also the scarf can be used to protect your shoulders from the sunshine.
- Ensure you take a small variety of shoes that can be teamed with all styles such as a pair of sandals, heels and trainers.
- Once you have chosen what to take write a list and tick off each item as you pack to avoid having to check later.
- Finally, pack your money, keys, passport (if needed) and mobile phone in a seperate bag for easy access and security.
Below is an example of how to pack for a day out that may include a journey there (trousers, scarf jumper and daps) a trip to the beach (swimsuit, sandals, scarf, suncream and sun hat) and out for dinner (floral dress, shoes, necklace and sun hat - the jumper may be needed for an extra layer in the evening). Easy!!
Give it a try yourself with your own wardrobe prior to your holiday! It will be a great way to see what else you need! Remember if you need any help, invite one of our stylists over for a wardrobe consultation. We would love to help you pack for your holiday!